Tuesday, October 25, 2022

I am what I am today only because of him: Lenin Raghuvanshi


 I was two years old, when India celebrated the 25th years of independence. On this occasion, my paternal Grandfather Shri Shanti Kumar Singh, a Gandhian was honoured by Mrs Indira Gandhi, Prime Minister of India for his memorable contribution to the freedom struggle against the British Raj. He was a huge influence on me, as I spent most part of my childhood with him. His values in life became mine.


His vision of India and its people motivated me to enter into social work. Despite having a bachelor degree in Ayurveda, Modern Medicine and Surgery, from prestigious Gurukul Kangri Viswavidyalaya, Haridwar, I decided to have a life of full-time social worker, thus joined Bachpan Bachao Andolan of Nobel Laureate Shri Kailash Satyarthi in 1992. In 1999, I along with many like- minded respected persons formed Jan Mitra Nyas, a public charitable trust. The office of the trust stands on the land donated by my mother-in-law. The trust has donated pump sets, community centres, schools, additional classrooms, ICDS centres to the public.


Today I do not own any house or land. My mother kept me out of my right to inheritance from the family property through her will. My donations are from my limited earnings. Have not tried to cheat, manipulate and loot other’s movable or immovable resources. My wife and son are happy with what we have. We are happy and live peacefully. These are due to the teachings of my grandfather. He continues to live within me, talk to me, lead me, inspire me, and keep motivating me. I am what I am today only because of him.


Passion Vistata describes, “Lenin was deeply engaged in the politics of marginalised people and firmly believes in non-violence. A clear mind, dedication and determination help him carve his path and faces commonly threats and intimidation tactics but, his courage and commitment to a non-violent approach are key factors in tackling these. His wife Shruti and son Kabeer live together happily in a joint family and stays on the move and busy fulfilling his grandfather’s dream who used to emphasise that grassroots politics is the future of the country.” https://www.passionvista.com/lenin-raghuvanshi/

जब हम दो साल के थे , तब मेरे दादा श्री शांति कुमार सिंह को देश के प्रधानमंत्री श्री मति इंदिरा गाँधी ने स्वतंत्रता के 25वे वर्ष पर ताम पत्र स्वतंत्रता संग्राम में स्मरणीय योगदान के लिए राष्ट्र की और भेट किया. दादा के साथ मेरा बचपन गुजरा. मेरे ज्यादा संस्कार वही से मिले. खासकर समाज, दुनिया और देश के लिए मूल रूप से करने का जज्बा उनसे ही मिला. इसी कारण आयुर्वेदाचार्य( Bachelor in Ayurveda, modern Medicine and Surgery) करने के बाद भी समाज निर्माण के लिए मैं नोबेल पुरस्कार विजेता श्री कैलाश सत्यार्थी के संघटन बचपन बचाओ आन्दोलन से 1992 में जुड़ कर 1999 तक पूर्णकालीन कार्यकर्त्ता रहा और 1999 में जनमित्र न्यास का निर्माण किया. आज तक अपना कुढ़ का घर और जमीन नहीं कर पाया कि तभी माँ ने वसीयत द्वारा यह हक छीन लिया. मेरे सास से ली गयी जमीन जनमित्र न्यास का कार्यालय बनाया और चार पम्पिंग सेट जनता को दिया तो कई सामुदायिक केंद्र, विद्यालय के कक्ष और ICDS केंद्र समाज और सरकार को दिया. अपने कमाए से दान दिया और मुफ्त में कुछ भी लेने की कोशिश नहीं की. ये सब दादा के संस्कार है. बस अखिरितक जिन्दा रहे. दोहरेपन से बचे रहे . सही और सीधी बात बोलते रहे.

No comments: